Management of Nurse-led Clinics in Practice
Time & Location
About The Event
Speaker: Jill Macdonald DipAVN (surgical) RVN FHEA (from oncore)
Nurse-led clinics are recognised for their value in a holistic approach to veterinary care, and many practices now offer clinics, yet many opportunities for improving patient care and client support, and revenue creation through nurse-led activity may not yet be realised. Offering clinics that afford nurses a greater level of responsibility can greatly improve nurse morale and job satisfaction, as well as alleviating the pressure from vet-led consultations. This one-day, small-group interactive workshop style CPD will offer those in a decision-making position in practice to formulate an effective strategy for development and ongoing management of nurse-led clinics and consultations, from initial team discussions and setup, promotion and creating a fee structure; through to ongoing management and monitoring.
This will include:
- The future for nurse clinics in your practice – what is your vision?
- Core clinics – what are they and do you offer them?
- More advanced clinics – ideas and opportunities
- Teamwork – basic meeting management, gaining and incorporating team ideas
- Choosing the most effective clinics for your client base
- Staffing, training and ensuring adherence to the Code of Professional Conduct
- Development of overview plans and clinical protocols
- Equipment requirements, and assessing equipment cost vs benefit
- Creating handouts, posters, WR sales
- Creating a basic marketing plan – including team referral, optimising your website, social media
- Monitoring clinics, troubleshooting issues and celebrating successes
- Principles for creating a fee structure, and communicating fees with team and clients
- From the work we complete during the day, you will create practical materials to take away with you to directly begin to implement your ideas into practice.
- Nurse Clinics£165£1650£0