Rabbits- Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask….
Time & Location
About The Event
Speaker: Molly Varga BVetMed DZooMed
1) Rabbit- Proofing Your Practice- How to gain and retain rabbit clients. This will be a discussion of those protocols and procedures that you can easily put in place within your practice to keep your rabbit patients ad their owners happy. This will consider vaccinations, do you need to worm your rabbit?, rabbit clinics, dental checks, insurance, how to make our rabbit in-patients comfortable and happy
2) Guts- How to keep them moving- this session will start with a discussion of the multi biome and why you should care about it, and will proceed to consider common gut conditions that we regularly see in rabbit patients and how to treat them Particular emphasis will be placed on making certain that we keep the guts moving- assessment of gut motility and use of pro-kinetic drugs will be addressed
3) Recognising and treating pain in rabbit patients- this evidence based session will look at our options for analgesia in rabbits, and the evidence behind them allowing the clinician to confidently assess and prescribe appropriately for their rabbit patients.
4) Safe, evidence based protocols for anaesthetising rabbits. This session will integrate the three previous sessions in order to come to a conclusion about the importance of the peri-operative care in successful anaesthesia of the rabbit. A discussion of drug options and combinations as well as dose ranges will be the culmination of this session.
- Rabbit day - Vets£365£3650£0
- Rabbit Nurse Invitation Only£145£1450£0