Surgical Emergencies for the First Opinion Vet
Time & Location
About The Event
Speaker: Paul Aldridge BVSc CetSAS MRCVS
This course aims to outline a logical approach to commonly occurring surgical emergencies that may be faced in any veterinary practice. Diagnosis, stabilisation, and surgical techniques will be discussed, and emphasis given to avoiding common complications and pitfalls for these stressful but rewarding cases.
- GDV: stabilisation, surgery, and effective pexy techniques
- Diaphragmatic rupture: diagnosis, anaesthesia, and surgery
- Haemaoabdomen: rapid splenectomy, and what to do if it’s not the spleen!
- GIT foreign bodies: enterotomy, enterectomy, and reinforcing repairs
- Traumatic wound management: initial lavage and debridement.
- Options for closure.
- Sold OutSurgical emergencies£365£3650£0